If you’re like me, you probably loved McDonalds in the ’70s.
During the ’70s, McDonalds was definitely the place to be.
You could say that I grew up on junk food.
All the prices on the menu were cheaper than today’s Value Meal.
Feeding a family of four must have been expensive, so I imagine that’s why we ate at McDonalds. The food was hot, fast and cheap.
Here are 10 Reasons Why McDonalds In The ’70s Was The Greatest Place In The World To Eat:
10. You could make friends with the folks from McDonaldLand.
McDonaldland was inhabited by Ronald McDonald and other characters. The characters were used as the basis for equipment in the “PlayPlaces” attached to some McDonald’s.
9. You could eat a Quarter Pounder or a Big Mac and not get fat.
I think the food tasted better and it wasn’t as bad for you as today’s food.
8. You could eat McDonaldLand cookies for dessert.
These cookies were really delicious and I miss them dearly.
7. You could collect McDonaldLand glasses to take home.
I think every kid drank out of these glasses during the ’70s.
6. You could get a plush Ronald McDonald toy.
Looking back, this doll is pretty creepy but I know it was a popular toy.
Popular posts like this
5. You could check out all the girls in their groovy uniforms.
Who could forget these colorful uniforms employees used to wear?
4. You could eat french fries and an apple pie from the same fryer.
Nothing beats french fries topped off with deep fried apple pie.
3. You could play outside at the playground.
We used to burn off all the calories we just ate.
2. You could have a birthday party there.
A birthday party at McDonald’s was a pretty big deal for most kids.
1. You could smoke inside the restaurant.
My parents used to chain-smoke while we played.