Has getting old become a drag? Well it doesn’t have to be.
Men just like you are getting back in shape, even after decades of no exercise. The key to weight-loss is strength training, diet and discipline. If you can’t afford a personal trainer you’re in luck.
Here are some exercises for more strength and size!
This is a 8 Week Program designed by Bill Ross, NASM Master Trainer.
Day 1 Chest:
- Dumbbell Press (incline, prone, decline) 4 sets of 8 reps
Immediately followed by pushups 4 sets of 20 reps.
All 3 positions, in any order.
Day 2 Back:
- T-Bar style rows using barbell and inner grip handle. 4 sets of 8 reps
- Immediately followed by wide grip horizontal pull ups 4 sets of 15 reps
- Lat pull under grip. 4 sets of 8 reps
- Double handle cable row w/step 4 sets of 8 reps
Day 3 Quads / Hamstrings:
- Front Squat with barbell 4 sets of 8 reps
- Split jumps with dumbbells 4 sets of 20 reps
- Deadlifts with barbell 4 sets of 8 reps
- Side step ups with dumbbells 4 sets of 20 reps
- Squat Jumps 4 sets of 20 reps
Day 4 Shoulders:
- Barbell Cleans (waist to shoulders and press) 4 sets of 8
- Seated Shoulder Press with dumbbells 4 sets of 8
- Upright row with dumbbells 4 sets of 8
- Front and side lateral combination seated. 4 sets of 8 each direction
Day 5 Biceps and Triceps:
- Dumbbell Bicep Curl 4 sets of 8
- Superset Dumbbell Tricep Kickback 4 sets of 8
- Rope Bicep Cable Curls 4 sets of 8
- Superset Rope Tricep Extensions 4 sets of 8
Perform 100 jumping jacks then 5×50 yard sprints. Perform 5 sets on the 5th day.
Rest day is on day 6.
Training, Discipline and Dedication take on a whole new meaning after we as men reach 40 years old.
Have questions feel free to email me directly.